Are you looking for a hands-on experience in the legal field and understand what it means to work in-house at a fast-paced company? Do you have deep knowledge in contract law? Are you intellectually curious and detail-oriented? If so, read on!
The Legal Department’s objective is to ensure that the nature of our business as an educational institution is reflected in the way we do business with our clients. In order to achieve this objective, the legal department aims to protect the company's interests and to create a risk free environment when delivering our services. We believe that our contracts are the foundation of our operations and define what we do and how we do business with a specific client. Moreover, our contracts contain sufficient information to guide our employee’s activities when delivering services to our clients. Our aim is to ensure all contractual documentation related to a client are properly stored, shared and understood by all stakeholders.
The legal assistant will support the development of contracts drafting and management of the contractual phase with the support of our Legal advisor:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in Drafting and/or reviewing client contracts
• Filing contracts
• Adapt and improve current contract templates
• Liaise with client contact in order to ensure proper revision of contractual documents by both parties
• Ensures the company's terms and conditions are reflected in contractual documents
• Negotiates with client contact on clauses where agreement cannot be reached
• Ensures proper follow up of client’s contract: sending and receiving signed copies, proper filing…
• Ideally, the legal assistant would also be capable of helping in the development of client proposals
• Due diligence of past contracts
• Legal research on privacy, data transfer, regional tax policies and licensing