The role is to act as Office Assistant for the small, friendly office in Brussels (Avenue Louise) for a period of approximately one year to cover a maternity cover. You will assist the two lawyers, providing administrative and office support across a range of tasks. You will have regular contact with the Head Office in Stuttgart, who will be able to train and support you in the early stages.
The firm is German based however the knowledge of German required is just enough to be able to understand, for example, the internal system where the lawyers’ time sheets are in German. So someone with a knowledge of Dutch or someone who can read basic German would be sufficient. The office in Stuttgart is always there to support anyway.
The following tasks are included in the position and depending on the person additional tasks can be added according to the interest and strengths of the individual:
- Interact and liaise on daily base with Office manager in Stuttgart in order to run the business smoothly :
eg: meet upon client topics, adjust time entries, approval of invoices, coordination with respective secretaries
- Organise travel
- Prepare Powerpoint presentations(10%)
- Agenda management
- Maintain office accounts
- Input expenses and timesheets for the lawyers
- Deal with other minor administrative tasks
- Run the Brussels office : timely order writing materials and office supplies, maintenance of the office equipment
Additional tasks could include:
- Research on the internet mainly European Commission Institutions