Our Client is a leading international legal practice with a truly global presence in 44 major international centres. They offer a full legal service to a wide range of national and international clients. In Belgium, they run a successful practice with a team of 190 people.
Our client is looking for a full-time Personal assistant for the Litigation Department for Brussels office. As a personal assistant, you provide vital support to several lawyers, allowing them to focus on their legal work. PA support is becoming an increasingly sophisticated, varied and demanding job, requiring an intensive use of technology and a wide range of creative, administrative, organisational and technical skills. You will be expected to deal with a variety of tasks efficiently and independently. As the flow of a corporate deal can be capricious, agility and flexibility are key for lawyers and PAs alike.
You are the lawyers' first port of call for a wide variety of queries and requests, and as such, your role involves a multitude of tasks:
Managing the lawyers’ calendars, mailboxes and contacts in a proactive manner. This includes scheduling appointments and conference calls, booking meeting rooms and restaurants, and liaising with our dedicated agent for travel and hotel reservations.
- Managing incoming mail and telephone calls.
- Preparing, processing and virtual filing correspondence, legal documents and reports (Word, Excel).
- Creating high-impact presentations for meetings and seminars (PowerPoint).
- Liaising with our marketing department for the organisation of client events and the preparation of mailings.
- Preparing and submitting the lawyers' expense notes, processing incoming invoices and liaising with our accounting department as well as reviewing the lawyers' time entries in preparation of billing.